Monday, August 9, 2010

Breast what?

Now that I have your attention.    Nothing funny about this post.  I will be posting about the jump rope class, Zumba , the crunch class and cardio step nex blog.  For the moment I wanted to just say thank you to all the wonderful people that supported the Susan G Komen Foundation and Race for the Cure.  I was able to participate this year and I did my first 5k in a very long time.  Aside from the inferno climate and the people puking at the side of the road, it was very nice.   I support any charity that can pull something that size off without a noticable hitch.  It was well organized and well staffed.  I would appreciate another water station and a Mister over the finish line.  LOL.  I was surrounded by so many high spirited people.  many who have survived cancer and was there to tell thier story.  I met up with my co-workers and then come race time I slipped the headphones on and off I went.

I drew my energy from those around me.  I read so many of the "Celebrating and In Memory" signs on peoples back and saw the personalized shirts for a team or a family and it was incredible.  There was no drama and no one got mugged, thugged or drugged.  It was a very energy charged morning.  I love all of you that are going thru it now. I admire those who have survived and mourn those who have passed.  For everyone else there, I can never tell you what you brought to my life on Sunday.    I will support you forever. 

1 comment:

  1. It's true, REAL MEN do wear PINK. You're AWSOME Bob!!!

    ReplyDelete